April 17, 2014

Real Life: New Roomies

     If you've been wondering where I've been, it's been a crazy month or so. I'm surprised I got the posts written that I did. For a week we had my grandparents staying with us to make my grandfather's multiple doctor appointments that week easier to get to. Then, a close friend who I've been trying to get to move closer to me for a while now called me up. She told me that she was going to be homeless and was desperate. So my husband and I agreed to let her and her boyfriend come to stay with us for a while. They arrived the day before my grandparents left, which was also the day before we left for up north to visit my in-laws. When we got back the job search started and here we are three weeks later. One has a job and the other is close to being employed and we are discussing adding them to our lease. The past three weeks I have spent trying to get back into my routine and getting my house back in order. My OCD has put me through several mental breakdowns because of all of their belongings coming in and not meshing well with our belongings at first. Now we have things sorted out, my house is clean, and I am back into my routine with the kids as well as with cleaning. I am happy to say that right now there is laundry running, dishes in the dishwasher getting clean, a clean and orderly house, and two kiddos napping. I am caught up on pictures and only two letters away from being caught up on all my letter writing to this point. I will be soon caught up on my digital pages and taking my daughter's seven month photo when she wakes up. The little girl we babysit on a regular basis turned two today and I will be taking pictures of her tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

"Life is like a camera... focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out... take another shot." - author unknown

     I did notice while I was away losing my mind that I had a few comments come in. Could it really be that people actually read these ramblings? I am going to start making a larger presence for my blog on social media so please be sure to follow me on Instagram as mrsbixby and/or Google+ if you enjoy keeping up with me and my little family.

In the comments: do you have a routine in your home that helps to keep you sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment