March 12, 2014

Craft Time: Leprechaun Hat Planter

     I've seen this cute little craft all over Facebook and Pinterest. I bought the cute little terra-cotta pots to do it more than a year ago and I finally got the motivation to just sit down and get it down. I'm glad I did because it didn't take me long at all. I was able to get a couple of bonus paper shamrocks (from over at Meaningful Mama) made up while I waited for the paint to dry between coats. I attempted tracking down the original source of this cute little hat craft with no luck.



     After a quick trip to the store I came home with 57 cent green acrylic paint, a 47 cent foam brush, and some 88 cent pipe cleaners. I don't remember how much the little pots cost me so long ago but I know I found them at Michael's on sale.



   It's a pretty straight-forward project. Paint the pot green, add a hat band (pipe cleaner), and add a buckle (pipe cleaner). Took me maybe twenty minutes not counting drying time. When I originally saw this project pipe cleaners were not used but after wandering the store looking for supplies this is what I landed on. It turned out better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment