January 15, 2014

Clutter Buster: Bathroom Sink

     One of my major pet peeves when it comes to my own home is all that clutter on the bathroom sink. We live in a small apartment with a towel bar above the toilet. I've always thought that was the worse spot for a towel bar. Plus it means I can't get above the toilet storage. For the first two months we lived here, I had a cheapo over the sink shelf from WalMart sitting on my bathroom sink with things on top of it as well as below.

This is a lovely picture of my son showing me his teeth, but you get the point - things cluttered up easily.

     I try to wipe down all flat surfaces before bed every night, and wiping the sink down of my husband's beard hair (no man I've known other than my grandfather cleans up after shaving very well) is made into a 15-20 minute task because of having to remove all of the items, wipe things down, and then putting everything back. Now enters my $1.50 Goodwill find, a hanging shelf that was intended to go by the door for keys, incoming mail, gloves and other entryway items. I definitely love it's current purpose more.

Look at that wonderfulness.

     Loving the clean counters and everything being where my toddler can no longer reach. And now my nightly bathroom quick clean only takes me the five minutes tops that it should.

In the comments: how often do you clean the surfaces in your own bathroom (no judgement here)? Do you like to keep things on the counter?

No comments:

Post a Comment