January 27, 2014

Weekly Obsession: Pen Pals

     My new obsession this past week was definitely writing letters and finding new pen pals. One of my goals this year was to write at least one letter every week and I started going through my address book and the first person I wrote to was my grandmother on my father's side. I don't see her as often as I'd like and she seemed like the perfect candidate. Then I realized I would run out of people to write to pretty quickly and decided to look for a pen pal or two.
     I found a wonderful community of snail mail lovers through the #penpalswanted hashtag on instagram and was able to find a number of lovely ladies to write to. I am still looking for more pen pals if anyone is interested. Would love to write to someone in Alaska, Hawaii or Canada. But anyone is welcome to shoot me a message - find me here.

My second letter on its way to New York.

     I've found one problem with my new obsession. So far I have been able to avoid the washi tape addiction sweeping the crafting world. Until Friday that is, when I decided to buy some to decorate my envelopes and letters. I think I'm in trouble. My goal is to use up the 3 rolls I have before I buy more, but I am scared that I may fail at that.

In the comments: have you ever had a pen pal? Would you like to? Do you have a washi tape problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment