This is one of the meals that is on major repeat in our home. We do this the quick and simple way so if you are looking for homemade sauce, this is not the recipe for you. I do like to use garden rotini for this in an attempt to make it a smidgen healthier and a little easier on a gluten free tummy for a friend.
Serves 6-8 // total time 50 minutes
3 cups cooked chicken, diced (we use canned chicken in a time crunch)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup parmesan, grated
32 oz alfredo sauce
1 lb rotini pasta
1/3 cup bread crumbs (optional)
3 tbsp butter, melted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the time on the package.
2. While cooking the pasta, combine the alfredo sauce and milk in a saucepan and heat until bubbling.
3. When the pasta is almost cooked, add it to the sauce along with the chicken and half the parmesan cheese.
4. Pour it all into a 9" x 13" casserole dish and top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. If desired, combine bread crumbs and melted butter.
6. Uncover. Top with optional bread crumb mixture. Bake for another 15-20 minutes uncovered or until casserole is bubbly and cheese begins to melt and brown.
In the comments: what sorts of short cuts do you take for your meal prep?